WOSSA Member Scholarship Program
WOSSA and its members helping member families
Who is eligible and how do I apply?
- This is a competitive application program and approximately 50% of the applicants will be successful. You must have been a continuous member of WOSSA since May 31st of the previous year. Financial need is not a consideration.
- If you have a Company/Corporate membership, your employee's children and grandchildren can also apply. What a great benefit to make available for your employees at very little cost. If you presently have an individual membership, you may upgrade to the Company/Corporate membership for the upcoming year by paying the difference prior to May 15, 2020 in order to qualify for consideration in 2020.
To be considered for a scholarship an applicant:
- Must be children/grandchildren/dependents*, age 25 or less, of WOSSA Members or Member Company employees who are in good standing, and must have been a current member as of May 31 of the previous year; *dependent children are defined as natural and legally adopted children or step-children living in the member's household or primarily supported by the member
- Must be a high school senior or graduate who plans to enroll or a student who is already enrolled in a full-time or part-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school
- Obtain 2 reference letters from unrelated persons
- Complete and submit the WOSSA Scholarship Application Form
- Complete an essay with the application explaining your future goals, how you are working to achieve them and what your future plans are
- Mail the package to Scholarship America, our scholarship administrator, postmarked no later than May 15, 2020, in order to be considered in the next round of scholarships granted.
Address application to:
Scholarship Management Services
One Scholarship Way
Saint Peter, MN 56082.
2020 Scholarship Recipients will be notified by Scholarship Management Services in mid June, 2020.
Checks will be sent directly to the student's school by August 1, 2020.