Washington On-Site Sewage Association Membership
2020 WOSSA Membership ... What does the survival of your business have to do with being a member of a Professional Association?
… Plenty! Be unique, but don’t stand alone.
NOWRA Membership ~ Professional Networking ~ Legal Advocacy ~ Education
Renew Membership Here or Join Here
- It’s important that you renew your membership or join WOSSA for 2020. We are working hard to make sure you get value from your membership. Your support will continue to provide the benefits it has in the past and ensure they continue to be there for years to come.
Network and Share Expertise
- Tap into a network of hundreds of industry professionals and experts from around the state to share on-the job experiences, to request information on septic issues, discuss local topics of concern, and to work together to improve processes.
- WOSSA also offers member support for business consulting and safety management programs
Enhance Your Own Expertise
- WOSSA offers a variety of unique educational programs and self-study materials covering the many aspects of the on-site industry. Most WOSSA-sponsored programs provide the opportunity to earn your Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or Professional Development Hours (PDHs). WOSSA has provided training to over 22,000 industry professionals since 1997.
- WOSSA members receive a 30% discount on education costs.
Members Scholarship Program
- Members only access to our Scholarship Program for your children, toward secondary education. A program that has delivered over $245,000 in scholarship grants since inception and $37,000 in 2020.
Be the Voice of the Industry
- WOSSA continues to be a leading advocate promoting the interests of the onsite community at all levels of state government. Visit our Advocacy page to stay up to date on legislative and regulatory changes and get information on key contacts at your local, state, federal and provincial levels.
- WOSSA Distance learning online, providing a significant cost savings to you and the industry, through reduced travel and time. We are continuing to develop further courses for our online distance learning program.
Affordable Liability Insurance
- Liability, Bonding, E&O insurance specific to the onsite industry with an average reduction in premiums of 25%, and up to 12% in additional discounts for WOSSA members, through Watercolor Management Insurance, a WOSSA preferred provider.
Promote Professional Excellence
- Our quarterly publication of the WOSSA “Pipeline” magazine has been established to enhance the effectiveness of our industry professionals and their competencies in all areas of on-site septic systems. Our publication reaches more than 1,700 industry professionals throughout the State.
The WOSSA Executive Board
- As a member you obtain voting privileges for election of WOSSA leadership. With membership you also gain eligibility to serve on the WOSSA board and can truly become the “Voice of the Industry”.
- Learn more about NOWRA here
- Now that WOSSA is a Full NOWRA Affiliate, you are entitled to enjoy the full benefits of being a NOWRA member.
Representation in Both Washingtons
- 85 million Americans - a quarter of our population - rely on onsite treatment systems instead of public sewer systems
- The federal government gives the states billions of dollars to address wastewater treatment, we receive less than 1% of those dollars.
- Since 2014, NOWRA has had an active lobbying effort at both the Congressional and Federal Agency levels. We think more needs to be done at the federal level to secure legislative and policy changes which foster expanded use of onsite and decentralized technology and which can help the industry address the policy, management, and financial issues caused in large part by neglect at the federal level.
- Every NOWRA member receives a free listing on the Septic Locator, the only national, searchable directory of providers of onsite wastewater management services.
- Once your information is entered in Septic Locator database, you have an opportunity to be found by homeowners and others who are looking for your services.
- Your listing is controlled by you -- you can change contact information, services offered and other information in real time. You will receive notification on how to log in to your Septic Locator listing once your data is posted.
- NOWRA publishes Onsite Journal magazine. This 4-color magazine offers useful information about national developments affecting onsite wastewater, reports from state affiliates and industry vendors, and updates on NOWRA programs.
- NOWRA provides all members with opportunities to have a voice in its affairs. Whether you express that by voting in NOWRA’s Board of Directors elections, participating in our annual meeting, commenting on proposals, volunteering your time on a committee or task force, or simply sharing your views with a board member, NOWRA welcomes and encourages your involvement in our activities.
National Backhoe Roe-D-Hoe® Competition
- This annual competition is intended to showcase the skills of contractors and the equipment they operate through a series of timed exercises contestants must perform on a backhoe.
- NOWRA also sanctions several state Roe-D-Hoe® competitions around the country; the state winners are automatically grandfathered into the national finals where they compete against the winner of the open competition.
Equipment Loan Discounts
- NOWRA has partnered with Wells Fargo to provide NOWRA members with discounts on interest rates and document fees for equipment purchases in excess of $50,000. Wells Fargo’s Specialty Vehicles Division is offering NOWRA members a quarter percent discount. (25 basis points) off the prevailing interest rate for purchases of vehicles or related equipment which are financed through their division. As with any loan request, applicants must still qualify for financing under the terms and conditions of the lending authority.
Office Depot Discounts
- NOWRA has teamed with Office Depot to bring your business a better office supply solution.Save up to 80% on office supplies you buy most often.
Visit NOWRA’s website (NOWRA.org) for more information about your membership.
We ask that you take this opportunity to renew your current membership or to become a valuable new member of our Association. Please join here or renew here.